Network Drives for Windows 8 and 10
H, J, K, and Other Drives over the Internet
Before You Can Access Your Vetmed Files
- You must have a valid Vetmed Login name and password
(Class of 2022 and Above can ONLY use their WSUNID@wsu.edu account)
- And have an active internet connection
To Set Up a Network Place
In Windows 8 and 10 there's a restriction built into the operating system that only allows file transfers of 50 mb or smaller through network drives. Removing this restriction requires application of a registry fix.
- Download the registry fix Here. When you click the link, choose the option to Save the file rather than Open.
- You will need to extract the "Filesize" folder anywhere onto your computer.
- Then right-click the "Filesize.reg" file and select Merge.
- A warning window will appear, click Yes.
- Now restart your computer.
Your computer is now configured to allow larger file transfers over the network once your Network Places have been added.
- Right-click on the Windows Icon and go to "File Explorer"
- Click on "This PC"
- Right-click in a blank area of the
- Click Add a Network Location
- Click Next
- Click Choose a custom network location and copy the link from the drive you want below, click Next.
- Login using your vetmed credentials. You must specify the domain in the username like this: vetmed\username
(Class of 2022 and Above can ONLY use WSUNID@wsu.edu to log in)
- Give the network location an appropriate name and click Next
- Click Finish
Access Files Through Website Links
- Each department has its own website for its employees' personal files, so locate your department in the left column and click on the link in the right column. If you set up a Network Place open the folders through My Network Places rather than these links, otherwise click the links and you will be able to download the files only
- The organization within each department is given by that which is in parentheses
- Upon clicking on your link it will ask you to log in.
- Use your full Vetmed E-mail as your username, and your password tied to your Vetmed account to login.
- Class of 2022 can ONLY use their WSUNID@wsu.edu to log in
- All departments share the same address for their J drives, however only folders you can access are visible.
|On Campus Name||Web Site Name