Exporting Email When Departing
Continue Accessing Data After Moving On
Exporting a user's emails requires that to have a medium to transfer the data onto. This can be in the form of a CD, DVD, flash drive, or portable hard drive. Each of these types have their own size limitations, so depending on the amount of email and size of attachments selected you may not be able to transfer all at once. You also require a connection to your email through Microsoft Office Outlook. If you are working from home, you may have to follow these instructions for your Windows PC or Mac to access your email through Microsoft Office Outlook.
Instructions for Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016.
- Click the "File" tab at the top left corner of the window.
- Click "Open & Export" from the left column.
- Select the "Import/Export" option.
- In the new window, Click "Export to a file" then click "Next".
- Select "Outlook Data File (.pst)" then click "Next".
- In this Window, scroll to the very top and click your email address.
- Ensure the "include subfolders" box is checked, then click "next".
- Click the "Browse..." button, then choose the location you would like to save your data, like a USB Drive.
- Click "OK".
- Click "Finish".
- You will now be prompted to add a password lock to this file, if you do not wish to have a password, click "Cancel".